Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time to decorate!

Now that we have finally gotten everything unpacked and we are settled in, I thought it was time to start decorating.  It is something that I absolutely love to do!  So over the last week or so I have been doing a lot of shopping for things like furniture and drapes and rugs.  I have had a lot of fun!  It also snowed 14 inches last week, so being inside a lot suited me just fine.  Justin is on Spring Break this week so I am expecting things to be a little more hectic in the house.  For some odd reason, the children are going through a phase where instead of just walking normally, they have to stomp EVERY step.  It is absolutely driving Joe and I insane and we can't seem to break them of it.  I am about to break out a squirt bottle for an attitude adjuster.  I also attempted to get my Alaska driver's license last week and failed the written test.  I haven't taken one in 17 years.  I thought I was prepared and I was horribly embarrassed when I failed, but when I told one of the employees how embarrassed I was, he said, "don't worry, people come in here for months at a time to retake the test."  That was not reassuring.  Either people here are really stupid or the test is incredibly difficult.  Oh well, I will try again next week.  They don't charge you just to take the written, so luckily, I wasn't out any money.  I also had to cut Zoey's hair-again to break her of any ability to twirl her hair.  She now has a full pixie, but we are playing with it a lot, so it is looking cuter each day.  I actually caught her "air twirling" the other day while she was watching tv.  It was hilarious.  Don't forget to set your clocks an hour ahead tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment