Monday, April 30, 2012

A New Addition

I am so proud to announce that as of last Tuesday, we made a new addition to our family!  Her name is Winkie and she is a one year old part Chihuahua part Rat Terrier dog.  She is the sweetest puppy in the whole wide world!  I have always wanted a dog of my own and we have spent several years discussing it.  It was never the right time before, but now that I am home all day long and have nothing to do, a puppy seemed like a nice thing to have to occupy me, especially since Zoey will be starting Kindergarten in August.  The family that we adopted Winkie from got her a year ago, soon after she was born.  They adopted her from the local pound.  She was found in a dumpster.  She is blind in one eye, but they don't know if she was born that way or not.  She does not bark unless she feels threatened, she only chews on her toys, she has only had one accident in the house, and she loves to cuddle.  She sleeps with Joe and I every night on our bed and I woke up last night in the middle of the night to find her underneath our sheets wedged in between us.  Joe always said he hated small dogs and they are yappy, but he has taken quite a liking to this 8 pound bundle of joy.  Joe loves to play fetch and tug of war with her and I often catch him talking to her like a baby.  Hehehehehehe.  I was a little nervous to take her in the beginning because I doubted my ability to take care of her properly, but I proved myself terribly wrong.  She is like a 3rd child.  And best of all, she was free.  The family we got her from has 2 teenage daughters who are just too busy to care for her properly.  That family also has 3 other dogs, so Winkie was not used to being the center of attention-and she LOVES it!!  Zoey and I took her to Petco last week and got her a harness, tag, collar, and dog necessities.  This dog will be getting a new outfit regularly.  Yes, I am that dog owner! And finally, when I walked directly across the street from our house this morning to walk Winkie, her and I spotted two moose grazing in the swamp.  They were HUGE and I was too mezmerized to walk away.  Winkie did not even bark.  I think she was also surprised.  Chao!

1 comment:

  1. I Love it!! So fun! We would love a dog too if our landlord would allow it...now that Matt is working from home it makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete