Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Beginnings!


It has been somewhat of a let down since I started my voyage to become a Dental Hygienist.  I knew it would take longer than most others since I am a stay at home mom and can't attend full time, and since I would have moved 3 times by the time I finished my education, but I have come to the realistic conclusion that it just isn't feasible any longer.  It is too difficult to get college credits to transfer, expensive, stressful, intimidating, and no matter how good your grades are or how determined you are, it is a constant mind game and there are no guarantees.  The schools that offer these programs tell you your acceptance is based on your grades, but the reality is that it really boils down to money.  I have decided to stop fretting over it and do some real soul searching of what my ideal job would be.  What are the things that I love and enjoy very much?  Well, the answer has been the same for several years....coffee and desserts!  I have decided to earn my Bachelors in Science at Kaplan University with an emphasis in small business management.  This is a guaranteed voyage-for my own personal knowledge and I will be done in 2 years.  The timing couldn't be better since we move back to WA in 3 years, and when we do, we will open our own business called Luciani's Coffee and Dessert Bar.  I am very excited and my friends and family are very supportive about it.  I have 3 years to dream up my own ideal business and learn every aspect of it and plan carefully.  I don't think you can have a successful business unless you know how each aspect of it works.  I want this to be strictly family owned.  I am not doing this with the intent to get rich, just to be happy and comfortable and pass those same virtues onto others through coffee and desserts.  Between my knowledge and my Mother's decorating abilities, I definitely think we can do this.  We can make this look like Nordstroms on a Walmart budget.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment