Saturday, February 11, 2012

I had the funniest thing happen to me yesterday.  I decided to be brave and venture off to Fairbanks with only Zoey.  It's only 25 miles away, it's a straight shot, and we just went the other day, so why not.  Even though I knew the gas gauge on the Bronco was broken, but when we got it on Tues., the guy said he had just filled the tank and the tank got about 300miles.  Surely we hadn't drove that much since Tuesday.  I was about 1 mile away from my destination at a red light in Friday afternoon traffic.  As the light turned green, I stepped on the gas and the car came to a sputtering halt and died.  Oh my gosh I have NEVER had this happen to me.  There was a gas station right across the street from where the car died and I was able to get it rolling in it's direction.  Unable to move any further, I got out of the car and began to push.  I didn't want to scare Zoey as she was awoken from her nap.  I wasn't pushing 60 seconds before two different men came up to me and began helping me push.  One of the ended up backing his truck up and pulling me straight up to the pump.  I thanked them profusely and told them that I just came here from CA and NO ONE would have done that for me there.  At the pump, I intended to fill the tank and proceeded to put $95 into the tank and it still wasn't full.  Holy cow, what was going on here!  Finally, Joe returned my call as I could not get a hold of him before because he NEVER hears his phone ring, and he informed me that the tank holds about 30 gallons, so I put in more than enough.  All in all, I was only delayed by about 10 minutes, but man was I thankful it ended the way it did because about 24 miles of the trip was all freeway.  It gave me hope that there are still people out there who care for more than just themselves.  This was a situation I was able to laugh at immediately.  On another note, I found a new passion.....cake pops!  I bought a kit and made a whole bunch today for Justin's 1st grade class for Valentines day.  They are so cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment