Sunday, February 5, 2012

Today is our last day here in CA and yesterday I spent the day with my good friend Heather.  We went to a Sacramento mall and then had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was my first time there and I was warned ahead of time how big the portions were.  My eyes were bigger than my stomach!  I started off with a strawberry lemonade, a bowl of cream of chicken and artichoke soup, a side salad with a turkey, bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich (which I only ate 1/4 of), and I topped it off with a slice of chocolate truffle cake (which I only ate like 3 bites of).  And of course, I could not go back home without bringing a piece of banana cream cheesecake for Joe.  It was the least I could do since he watched the kids while I played all day.  Today is Joe's birthday, so we are celebrating it at our friends Heather and Nick's house.  We will be watching the Superbowl and stuffing our faces with Texas Roadhouse-and for dessert, a New York Giants cake for Joe's birthday.  Happy Birthday hubby and GO GIANTS!  My next post will be from Alaska.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you are really going! Praying for you and miss you already.....

    ReplyDelete