Tuesday, February 7, 2012














Well hello from Alaska!  We arrived yesterday evening and boy was it cold.  All things considered, the day went by very fast and the children behaved very well. I think it was about 17 degrees and we had no vehicle, so we had to walk to get dinner and groceries around 6 in the evening.  By then, the temperature had dropped and it was pitch dark and much colder.  Today it was zero degrees, clear skies and sunny.  We purchased our Ford Bronco as planned and thank goodness because frozen snot on the face does not feel pleasant.  I am taking great pains to make sure we are all bundled up and moisturized.  Next on the bucket list is to get Joe some snow boots because he is so damn stubborn and said he didn't need them. For some reason I listened to him and I have already lost track in 24 hours how many times he has almost bit the pavement.  The temporary place we are staying is called an "apartment", but this "apartment" is a 3 story house-at least 1700sq. ft., all laminate flooring, beautiful furnishings, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a full finished garage and basement, and the laundry room could easily be a bedroom.  Too bad we can't stay here for the next 3 years, but if this is a prelude to the housing that is to come-I AM EXCITED! Our other car will be here by Mar.1 and our furniture will be here by Mar. 17, but I am perfectly happy here until then.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! This is a great first post from Alaska, woo! So excited for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you are happy so far! Happy belated Birthday to Joe! Try your best to stay warm and you are doing a wonderful job at keeping the rest of the family warm and cozy (you always do....even Joe when he doesn't listen to you at first). My phone is still geakin' out so I will call/text when I can. Love and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. This font is harder than heck to read for us visually impaired folk! ;)

    ReplyDelete